Saturday 19 January 2013

WINNERS AND LOSERS




Let’s face it there are winners in this world and there are WINNERS!!.  Some win and dream really big, the weekly Million Rand Lottery,  a trip to the Seychelles or a week in the Bahamas,  a Day at a Spa or a designer bra. Sigh!.

 When it comes to competitions I can’t say I am a total loser, but the big ones? Nah not for me.  I enter them as they appear on my screen, the magazines, the newspapers, the flyers handed out at the traffic lights, the small prints on the walls and the big one’s  in the malls. 

 Please don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate each and every item that makes me a winner. What I can’t use myself I pass on.

 These are  some of my winnings:

A sample size washing powder after completing a ten pages questionnaire. -  I used it.
A voucher for use at a beauty salon.  I don’t do beauty and I don’t have nails so I passed it on to someone in need.
A stainless steel spoon, for telling the sponsors (in a page long essay) how wonderful their product was. I still have it, waiting for the first couple to get married. 
A packet of condoms -   I entered the competition found in a ladies room in one of our Malls. I passed it on to a youngster in need.
A hamper of J & J’s Baby Bum Cream, Gripe water and Boxes of breast pads. I don’t have babies or breasts so I passed it on to a mother in waiting.
A skin care kit made by Black is Beautiful.  Luckily I have lots of black friends.





But it seems like luck is coming my way in 2013.  Thanks to my Bontebok and my American friend. 







                  “Anybody can win unless there happens to be a second entry”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

A WHALE OF A TIME

I was dressed for the occasion and waiting to embark on an exciting adventure. Ready and eager to set sail on a whale and dolphin-watching t...